Wednesday, March 9, 2011

One Day Closer

Today we went to ICBF here in Bogota for some paperwork that we needed for the boys' US visa applications.  Tomorrow morning we will go to the US Embassy, and hopefully everything will go off without a hitch.

We had a lot of fun today with the other families here at Hotel Paris.  Some of us took a walk to Exito, which is in a large mall.  The kids had a blast, and our older 2 boys have loved playing with their new amigutio, Ben.  The 3 of them are so cute together.  We picked up a few things at Exito, but don't really need too much since the food here is so great.  For lunch, we had homemade chicken soup, really big hot dogs, roasted potatos, and cauliflower...one of the first vegetables we have had in days (yay, vegetables!!).  Christian totally chowed down.  He ate all of his soup plus half of Jason's, 1 1/2 hot dogs, and 4 huge potato chunks.  Alas, none of the kids liked the cauliflower, but that just left more for Jason and I!!

We are waiting to see how things go with the visas tomorrow, and are still trying to decide when to book our return flight home.  I think I will give the travel agent a call tomorrow and start seeing what is available.  Hard to believe that it could be this weekend all ready...my mind still just spins that we are finished up in Medellin and actually here in Bogota.

Yesterday, before we found out that we would be coming to Bogota, we took lots of pictures all around the hotel grounds.  I am so glad that we did, because it was our last chance to do it, even though we didn't know it at the time.  The kids LOVE posing for pictures, and after we snap every single shot, they all yell "Yo veo" (direct translation:  I see) and come running to look at it.  So here are some of our shots from yesterday!


Our last breakfast at the Intercontinental Hotel

The dreaded "jugo de mora"!






I don't remember what kind of fruit tree this was, but the kids thought it was hilarious to take a photof their heads with the fruit!





A gardenia flower...so pretty!!


1 comment:

  1. I just spent the last hour or so reading through your wonderful journey! Amazing ups and downs. It seems to me you will be able to have a heck of a book for them when they are older! You two have been thrown into the fire of parenthood, and I am amazed at all the wonderful things you have experienced. I struggle every day with a strong-willed child and an extremely talkative/overly sensitive child. It just goes to show you that all kids have their quirks but bottom line, they are our kids and we love them deeply. I am so happy that you have had some wonderful times together already and that soon you will be home. Travel safe and quiet, but after reading all your posts the quiet thing I am sure will be out the window. From what I have read, you two are amazing parents who unconditionally love each of your children! Give them big hugs and kisses from their extended family in Neenah! I will keep you in my prayers and again wish for semi-peaceful travels! Lots of exclamation points in my post, but it is just too exciting to read about your wonderful family.
    Love-
    Kami Kersten and family

    ReplyDelete