Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ready

There was a moment a few days ago when I looked around me, and finally, after months of preparation, felt that our house is "ready" for the kids.  Whew...what a great feeling.  There are a few small things that need to be done yet, but we are pretty much ready to hit the ground running.

We hosted a little New Year's party at our house on Saturday, and had such a nice time.  Nothing too big or fancy, just a few great friends, great food, and great conversation.  Yvonne brought her chocolate Kahlua bundt cake, Carol brought divine angel food candy...no wonder all of my pants are tight!  With the holidays past, and our party over, we took down the Christmas decorations Sunday morning.  If I had my way, I would leave them up until March, but practicality won out this year, and everything is tucked away in the attic.

We are still waiting to hear about our travel dates, and are getting a little bit antsy.  Hopefully we will know more in the next couple of days.  We are starting to pack;  that will be a process in and of itself, I am sure.  It feels like everything is coming together, and we are ready to get this show on the road.  Stay tuned for more information, and hopefully the next time I post, it will be with news of when we get to meet the boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment