Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hitting the Ice

Jason had the bug this past weekend to go ice fishing.  We woke up Sunday morning to a temperature of -10 degrees at home...and our fishing destination 3 hours north of here was about -25 degrees.  Sound crazy?  Just a little.  I think I had 6 layers on my top half alone (I am not kidding...I could hardly move!).

We packed up the truck, picked up our friend Tom, and headed for the Gunflint Trail.  Needless to say, we were the only people on the lake.  Ruby had a blast running around like a maniac, until her dog-booties froze solid, that is.  Poor little girl!  Ruby spent most of her time in the portable shack with me, in front of the heater.  Jason and Tom toughed it out on the ice, with short stretches in the shack to warm up.  In the end, we got skunked - not even a nibble.  Better luck next time, eh?








No comments:

Post a Comment