Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Car Crash, Rat Poison and Typos

Remember my post from this morning...all was bliss...we were feeling "ready" and pretty good about our general situation???  Well, shame on me for being so cheeky.  Life reared up and smacked us between the eyes in the last 24 hours...should have known better.  Here's how it went down:

1.  Jason had a minor car crash.  He is not injured, nor is the other driver, but our poor little commuter car is in need of some TLC.  While it was extremely stressful, we are thankful that no one was hurt.

2.  Ruby got into some rat poison this morning.  The poison was tucked far away in the bowels of the garage, and she squirreled her way behind some structural obstacles to  "discover" a wonderful treat.  She brought it to me with a big smile on her face, and her tail wagging.  I screamed in horror and told her to "drop it", which she did, and looked at me with a confused expression.  The next 2 hours were not fun.  Phone calls to the vet, Jason 911 page at work, and a quick trip to the grocery store.  Lo and behold, after force-feeding Ruby 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide, she barfed up everything that was in her stomach - GOOD GIRL!!!  She has been pretty quiet and traumatized for the rest of the afternoon.

3.  Mini-melt-down as I realized that I had introduced a minor typo to ALL of the paperwork we have submitted since we received the referral for the boys.  There were a few moments when I panicked, but shortly realized that I THINK we are still ok...am waiting for a call back from the adoption agency to confirm though.

What a day.  They say that bad things come in 3's, and I hope that the saying is true and that we are done getting spanked for our over-confidence.  I have a funny little cartoon taped to the front of our fridge that says:  "If everything seems to be going well...you have obviously overlooked something"!  On the other hand, we also know that good things can come in 3's too...3 darling little boys.  Here's hoping to better days ahead!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! It seems like everyone has "those" kind of adoption stories. One day, you'll look back and laugh. At least you got yours out of the way so that they don't happen down in Colombia. Right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,

    I sure hope so!! We are trying to stay in a "go with the flow" mindset these days, so hopefully that will help! Thanks for the messages about the clothing sale. I wasn't able to get out to it, due to a bad ice storm we were having. :( Hope you guys are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete