Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bring On the Noise

Five days until we travel, 8 days until we meet the boys...Wow!!!  Almost everyone we see these days asks us how we are feeling.  Still oscillating between being crazy-excited and somewhat terrified...but as it gets closer and closer, the excitement is taking over and mostly, we are just so ready to get this show on the road and meet our kids! 

My mom is coming up tomorrow to get situated at our house.  She will be house and dog sitting for us while we are away, and we are hugely thankful that she and my dad agreed to help us.  Anyways, as Jason and I were waking up this morning, I looked at him and said, "Do you realize that this is the LAST day of just you-and-me at home for...who knows how long?"  And then he said, "Yeah, and this is your last day of peace and quiet at home by yourself for a LONG time.  Because even once the kids are grown up and move out, hopefully I'll be retired and I can be here to bug you too."   Ha ha!

As I go through this last day of "peace and quiet" as a soon-to-be-mom, I will definitely appreciate the day and the time I have.  But I also look around and see how ready we are to be parents, how we have waited and prayed and hoped for that day to come.  In many ways, this last week of waiting has seemed the most agonizing...

Lately, I have also been thinking a lot about the boys' foster parents.  I can't imagine what they must be feeling.  They have been parents to these 3 little guys for the last year and a half, and now in just a few days, they must say goodbye.  How do you fill the space, the noise, the chaos that three little boys leave behind?  So this week I have been praying for them and the kids - praying for ease in the transitions ahead.  I hope that we can meet the foster family while we are in Colombia, and maybe we will even be able to maintain a relationship with them. 

One last day of peace and quiet...call me crazy, but I say...bring on the noise!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have been following your blog and I am sooo excited for you! We are adopting an 11-year-old boy from Medellin. I will actually be traveling to Medellin to visit him next week. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you embark on this wonderful journey!
    Amanda
    www.theperfectsummerforamiracle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete