Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Turkey Bonanza

Kind of a quiet week on the adoption front.  No new news, no action with any of the paperwork.  Just Jason and I buzzing around like 2 busy little bees.

Our project list is progressing, and it feels great.  Things that have been stuck on that list for over a year are starting to get done.  Our house stinks to high heaven from wood stain and polyurethane.   I have to stick my head out the door every couple of hours just to clear my sinuses and get a shock of clean, cold, Minnesota winter air.

Now, you may all think that I am going off the deep end, or maybe I've just been sitting in these fumes for too long, but I have bought 4 turkeys in the last week...I am like a woman out of control.  The price is just so good (I sound like an addict justifying my behavior, right?).  The advertisement says "1 per customer", and there is no minimum purchase, and they are just $0.39/lb!!  I bought a 20 pounder for Thanksgiving.  Then I forced Jason to come back to the store with me and we each bought another turkey.  Last night, I made my girlfriend stop by the store with me.  I got a turkey, and I convinced her to get a turkey too.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??????!!!!!!

Each time I check out, I giggle like a kid and feel like congratulating myself for getting such a great deal.  Then I remember the "1 per cusotmer" sign, and just know that I will be ousted, and my picture will be posted on a customer wall-of-shame at the store.  When I walked in the door last night with another turkey, Jason looked at me and just shook his head.  I said "What?  Now I have one turkey for each boy!"  Hope they like turkey.

Call it some bizarre form of nesting...I don't know.  I think I am finally done though, as the freezer is nearing full capacity. Now it's time to start concentrating on Thanksgiving...getting the house ready for company and preparing the food.  It is like heaven for someone who has been hit with the nesting urge. 

We have the boys' photos in our kitchen, and I look at them hundreds of times in a given day.  I am so excited for the day when they will actually be here in person, sitting at our table, or maybe running around the kitchen making lots of noise.  As we head into Thanksgiving this year, it is with grateful, hopeful, humbled hearts...and a freezer full of turkeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment