Thursday, November 11, 2010

Scrapbook (fun) and Paperwork (not-so-fun)

A busy day of paperwork and finishing the photo album for the kids.  I had to work on our I-800 documents.  (These are petitions to classify the kids as immediate relatives...basically clears them with the US Citizenship and Immigration office.  We will finalize the adoption in Colombia, and the kids will be US citizens as soon as we land back in the US.)    Since we are adopting a sibling group, I had to fill out 3 sets of paperwork - one set for each of the boys.  Just try keeping that straight!!!  But, it's done, and I'll send it all out tomorrow.  One more box checked off of the list - yeah!

When I became cross-eyed from too much paperwork, I took a break to finish the photo album that we'll be sending to the boys.  Let me preface this by saying I am NOT a scrapbooker.  In fact, I think that I failed cutting/pasting in all of grades K-3.  I think that it had something to do with being a lefty trying to survive in a right-handed world.  Anyways, hopefully the boys won't mind their mother's lack of talent for scrapbooks!  Here are pictures of the pictures... :)



















The last page in the book is a picture of Jason and I, with the pictures of the kids surrounding us, and reads "La Familia Junta"...which I think/hope translates into "the family together". 

That's all for now.  Lots more to do...better keep working!!!

2 comments:

  1. The scrapbook is absolutely amazing. It has so much love and feeling in it. I am very happy for your family and can't wait to meet the kids :)
    Erin Lenhardt

    ReplyDelete