Saturday, December 11, 2010

Helper Elf Dianna

I think I mentioned this in my last post, but my mom has been staying with us this past week, and she has been such a great help.  While I have had many different commitments and "to do" items pulling me every which way this week, Mom has been steadily plugging away in the background, helping to keep the household running full steam ahead.  The laundry and dishes have been done, the house is clean, some Christmas presents have been wrapped, and I am so grateful!  Mom and Precious, my furry "little sister" have been great company this week, and the week has flown by.  We have managed to get in a few games of Scrabble, and I think Mom and I are tied so far. 

Yesterday was a big day for paperwork.  We faxed our DS230's (the boys' US Visa applications) to the US Embassy in Colombia.  I was also able to finalize our latest round of updated documents for the dossier, and FedEx'ed them to Colombia yesterday.  Our next step is to wait to receive our approved travel dates.  Then we can book our tickets and apply for our Visas (travel, not credit).  We are keeping our fingers crossed that we will receive travel approval next week.

My dad arrived late last night, his vehicle loaded down with all of the toys from last weekend's shower that we couldn't fit in our car.  The boys' rooms are quickly filling up, now all we need is our sons themselves!  We are getting very excited as the days count down, and have so much to be grateful for.

We have one more shower left to go, being hosted by my dear friend, Yvonne, and Jason's Aunt Lea.  Mother Nature is not feeling totally cooperative however, and a severe winter storm is potentially brewing.  We are staying tuned to the weather stations, and want everyone to put safety first!  (I sound like an OSHA poster...must be from all of those years working as a chemist)  It will be a wonderful day regardless of the weather.  In the mean time, Jason and my dad are plotting about the low pressure system moving in, and hoping that the fish bite will turn "on"...you guessed it, they are hitting the ice!  Mom and I will resume our Scrabble tournament and sit by the Christmas tree.   

No comments:

Post a Comment