Thursday, December 9, 2010

Getting Closer

We are getting closer and closer!  As Jason mentioned in his post, we received our I800 approvals for each of the boys yesterday.  My mom has been staying with us this week, and I think she danced a little jig when we opened the mail and saw the I800's!  :)

We should have our approved travel dates soon, and then things will really kick into high gear.  Throw a couple of holidays in the mix, and before you know it, we will be on our way to meet our sons.  It feels like there is still so much to do before we travel, but we will just have to prioritize and accomplish whatever we can in the next few weeks. 

We had a "travel meeting" last week with our social worker, B, to go over lots of the basics we'll need to know about our trip to Colombia.  We haven't started to pack yet, but our wheels are all ready turning on that front.  We are trying to be as clever and compact as we can when we think about what to bring, but with 2 adults and 3 kids for up to 5 weeks, I somehow suspect that we will have a monstrosity of luggage.  We normally try to travel light, and so we sort of cringe to envision the mountain of suitcases we will likely bring along with us (especially now that they charge per each piece of checked baggage!)...hope they have lots of luggage carts at the airports!

As many of you know, my mom, dad and sisters hosted a shower for us last weekend, and it was an awesome day.  We can't say thank you enough to them, and to everyone who came, and the love and support we have received has been truly amazing.  We had such a fun day with everybody, and it was so wonderful to see family and friends, and makes me wish that we lived closer to everybody.   

Some of my favorite moments from the day were with the kids who came to the party.  Leia telling me that "My mom said I can help hand you the presents, as long as I promise not to open any".  Leia's little sister, Raya, sampling a swipe of frosting from every piece of cake on the table...until she got busted!  :)  (A girl after my own heart...who can resist cake with lots of frosting?!?)  And little Brianna handing me a present and saying "Here, open the movie first".  Out of the mouths of babes....right?  Seeing all of the kids running around having fun makes me so excited to be a mom.  For so many years, it has been a hope and a dream, but soon it will be a reality and we will be chasing around after our own children.  I can hardly wait, but at the same time, am trying to appreciate our last days BK (Before Kids), and enjoying our sleep now!


My Mom, trying not to stab me with a pin!

Sisters!

Mmmmmmmmm...frosting!

A super-cool easel from Auntie Chrissy!

My little helper, and a card she made for the boys

Dad and Rob, helping load and unload all of the party stuff!

Jason, ready to go.
Talking to family and friends about our excitement, and sometimes nervousness, about being new parents has been great...lots of excellent advice from experienced parents, and so much love and support.  So many people have helped to encourage and lift us up, and we are so grateful.  Thanks again to everyone for such a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment